Veneers – Bellevue, WA
Give Your Smile a Complete Makeover
Stains, chips, cracks, gaps, misaligned teeth – there are countless imperfections that can find their way into our smiles over the years, and some patients may experience many of them all at once. Instead of undergoing a lengthy treatment process to correct each issue individually, porcelain veneers offer a comprehensive alternative that doesn’t skimp on quality. These attractive, custom-made porcelain shells are designed to cover the visible surfaces of requested teeth, hiding their natural appearance from view behind a confident and flawless replacement. Are you interested in learning more? Would you like to schedule a cosmetic consultation with Dr. Preet? Please don’t hesitate to contact our Bellevue dental practice today.
What are Dental Veneers?
Veneers are thin shells of tooth-colored porcelain that are placed over the front surface of the teeth in order to mask imperfections. This durable, natural-looking material is able to conceal a single damaged tooth or a mouthful of cosmetic flaws. Usually, veneers are used to address teeth that are chipped, gapped, misaligned, misshapen, discolored, undersized, and more!
The Process of Getting Veneers
At your initial consultation, Dr. Preet will want to discuss the image you have in mind for your improved smile. What do you specifically want to change about its appearance? You can even bring pictures of smiles that you like to this appointment for added clarity. Once our team has a good grasp on your individual goals, we can capture impressions of your teeth and design the ideal veneer(s).
In most cases, receiving new, custom veneers will require at least two appointments. Our trusted dental laboratory will craft the finished veneer based on Dr. Preet’s specifications; in the meantime, patients will wear a temporary veneer so that they can become accustomed to the overall fit and feel.
The Benefits of Veneers
- Veneers are highly versatile and can be used to correct virtually any smile flaw imaginable. For instance, many patients use them to correct slightly crooked teeth, while others want to change the size and shape of certain teeth.
- The high-quality porcelain material we use to craft veneers is very resistant to staining, which means you can enjoy your new, bright smile for years to come.
- Veneers can last for several years or even longer with the proper maintenance (regular professional checkups and diligent oral hygiene at home).
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
Understanding the cost of veneers in Bellevue is important. After all, how can you commit to treatment without knowing the price? Fortunately, we’re here to help. For a price estimate, the best thing to do is schedule a consultation. That way, we have a better understanding of your unique dental needs and smile goals. If you want to learn more about factors that impact the price in general, then read on!
Cost VS Cosmetic Dentistry: What's Right For Me?
Cosmetic dentistry includes everything from braces and teeth whitening to dental bonding and veneers. So, naturally, the first step in determining the price is figuring out which treatment is right for your smile and your wallet. Here’s a bit more information about a few of the most popular smile-enhancing solutions:
- Braces – While braces come with a higher price tag, the results can last for the rest of your life with the right best practices in place. The only “downside” is that the shade and shape of your teeth will remain unchanged. As a result, you’ll need to factor in the cost of additional treatments if you’re concerned about discoloration, chips, and the like.
- Teeth Whitening – Teeth whitening is far superior to store-bought whitening kits, especially if lifting stubborn stains is your goal. Unfortunately, even professional treatments can’t address permanent discoloration. But veneers can!
- Dental Bonding – Dental bonding is similar to veneers since it can correct everything from small spaces and chips to stains at once. Unlike veneers, however, the results only last for a few years at a time, requiring re-treatment.
- Veneers – Veneers in Bellevue do require a higher upfront investment when compared to treatments like teeth whitening. However, veneers also last for 15+ years with proper care and can transform the shade, shape, and size of your teeth simultaneously!
How to Make Veneers Affordable
Good news: veneers can fit into almost any budget. That’s because we proudly offer two financial solutions: flexible financing and periodic special offers. With flexible financing through CareCredit, you can space-out your payments instead of paying for your treatment in one lump sum. If you want to lower your out-of-pocket expenses, then don’t hesitate to ask our team about our latest specials. With offers for new and existing patients, we can help reduce the price of essential preventive care, which will in turn make paying for your cosmetic treatment more affordable. To learn more about our financial solutions, schedule an appointment with our Bellevue cosmetic dentist!
Dr. Preet values clear communication with her patients. She wants you to feel like you fully understand why a particular treatment is being recommended and feel confident about the choices you’re making. If there’s anything you’re uncertain about when getting veneers, let us know right away so that we can put your worries to rest. The commonly asked questions below will give you a head start in learning everything you need to know about getting veneers.
Are Veneers Permanent?
Veneers are often described as permanent, but that doesn’t mean they last forever; sooner or later you have to replace them. It’s more accurate to say the process is irreversible. We have to take away small amounts of enamel to make room for the veneers to fit, and enamel that has been removed does not grow back. In other words, once you get veneers, you will always need to wear veneers (or possibly crowns in the future) in order to cover the teeth that have been altered. As such, we encourage you to consider all of your available options very carefully before committing to veneers.
Is There Anything I Can’t Eat with Veneers?
While you’re wearing temporary veneers, you need to be careful about choosing foods that won’t damage the restoration. This includes hard foods that might break the veneers and sticky foods that might pull them off the teeth. Also, temporary veneers aren’t as stain resistant as permanent veneers, so beware of coffee, tomato sauce, and anything else that can leave stains. Once you have permanent veneers, you’ll be able to eat almost anything again. However, it’s still recommended that you stay away from anything that’s extremely hard or crunchy. You should also continue to be careful around stain-causing foods and beverages; permanent veneers don’t discolor as easily as temporary veneers or natural teeth, but stain-resistant still isn’t the same as stain-proof.
Will I Have a Lisp After Veneers?
In certain cases, you might notice a lisp after getting veneers. It’s a consequence of muscle memory. Your tongue is used to moving in a certain way when you talk, but even a slight difference in the thickness of the tooth can affect this movement. In particular, you may have trouble when trying to pronounce “s” and “v” sounds. Your tongue will eventually adjust on its own, but you can speed things along by practicing certain problematic sounds.
Can You Whiten Veneers?
Veneers are not the same as real teeth. They do not respond to whitening even after they’ve been stained. If you become dissatisfied with the color of your veneers, you’ll have to have them replaced or re-shaded instead. That said, if you have your natural teeth whitened after receiving veneers, the overall tone of your smile can become uneven. Thus, if you’re considering both whitening and veneers, we recommend having the whitening done first so that the veneers can be appropriately color-matched ahead of time.