Invisalign -- Bellevue, WA
A Subtle Way to Straighten Teeth
Are you satisfied with the alignment of your teeth? Many adults could benefit from orthodontic treatment, but few are willing to cover up their smiles with fixed metal brackets and wires for a year or more. If you, too, are interested in closing gaps or evening out crowded or otherwise misaligned teeth, it is time for you to learn about Invisalign in Bellevue. Many patients are eligible for this clear aligner treatment. Keep reading to learn more about how it works -- and whether or not Invisalign could be right for your smile!
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign works using a series of customized aligners which you wear for 20 to 22 hours each day, removing them to eat, drink anything other than water, and before brushing and flossing. Each aligner set places pressure on a different area of the bite throughout the treatment, gradually bringing the teeth into the proper alignment. You will advance to the next set of aligners in the series after 1 to 2 weeks, depending on our recommendation. The treatment time varies based on the complexity of the treatment, but in general ranges from 1 to 2 years.
Invisalign can be used to correct the following issues:
- Closing gaps between teeth
- Evening out crowded teeth
- Correcting overbite, underbite, crossbite, or open bite
Numerous Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign offers a number of benefits for patients who are interested in braces but wish for a more subtle solution. Adults and teens alike often prefer this solution for the following reasons:
- Convenience: Removable aligners allow you to continue eating what you like without worry about breaking off a bracket or wire.
- Confidence: With clear plastic aligners, you can feel good knowing that “braces” will not be the first thing anyone notices when you speak or smile. Plus, you can remove the aligners before big events like speeches or interviews.
- Oral hygiene: Since you take the aligners out to brush and floss your teeth, you do not have to worry about learning any difficult maneuvering to keep your smile clean throughout the treatment.
- Time savings: Invisalign is a largely self-directed treatment, which means you will spend less time going to the dentist compared to what is expected with conventional braces.
- Comfort: Smooth plastic is more comfortable than fixed metal hardware.
Let’s Get Started This Month!
Are you interested in Invisalign? It’s just one of the cosmetic services we offer in our state-of-the-art office. To learn more about this clear aligner treatment, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Bellevue Family and Cosmetic Dentistry! We can’t wait to help you achieve a beautiful, confident smile with healthy, well-aligned teeth.