Teeth Whitening – Bellevue, WA
Producing Brighter Smiles in Less Time
There’s nothing like having a showstopping smile. When meeting people, going for a job interview, or just looking at yourself in the mirror, having a whiter, brighter smile can boost your confidence levels and help you look your best. At Bellevue Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, we want you to always feel this way about yourself, which is why we offer teeth whitening for patients needing help to remove stubborn stains and discoloration. Whether caused by excessive smoking or coffee consumption or wear and tear of your tooth enamel, results can be achieved in as little as an hour! Don’t wait! Call us today to schedule your appointment.
How Does In-Office Whitening Work?
You’ll first begin by scheduling a consultation with Dr. Preet. She will go over the process of teeth whitening with you and discuss what you hope to achieve with this type of treatment. After examining your teeth and determining where the stains exist and how far down they go in your teeth, she will create a personalized treatment plan.
Should you opt for in-office treatment, she will apply a whitening gel to the surface of your teeth before using a special UV-light to blast away those stubborn, deep down stains. Within an hour, you’ll notice your smile is drastically brighter.
How Does At-Home Whitening Work?
If you’d rather whiten your teeth at home, on your own time, your cosmetic dentist can supply you with custom-made whitening trays. During your initial visit, she will take impressions of your teeth and send them off to a dental lab to have technicians created your trays. Using a designated amount of high-grade bleaching gel, you will dispense the proper amount into the trays and wear them once a day for two weeks.
While it can take longer to see results, you will still achieve the same whiter smile as you would if you had an in-office treatment.
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
When it comes to deciding between professional or over-the-counter teeth whitening solutions, there’s no comparison. When looking at the benefits offered with professional teeth whitening, you’ll quickly learn why you should never waste your money on any of the store-bought kits:
- It’s safer because it’s being administered by a highly skilled dental professional
- Should you choose a professional take-home kit, it will be customized to fit your smile
- Fewer chances for the bleaching gel to irritate the soft tissues of your mouth
- Results are quicker (i.e. In-Office treatment takes 1 hour, and Take-Home treatment shows results in two weeks)
- It’s more effective because of the high-grade whitening gel used for in-office and at-home treatments.
How to Maintain Results
If you want your results to last as long as possible, here are some tips you should follow to maintain your whiter, brighter smile:
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to clean your teeth twice a day for two minutes.
- Floss at least once a day
- Rinse using an antimicrobial mouthwash
- Maintain your regular dental appointments (twice a year)
- Avoid consuming any stain-causing foods or beverages (i.e. coffee, tea, soda, red wine, tomato sauce, soy sauce)
- Quit smoking
- Wear a mouthguard at night if you are prone to teeth grinding or clenching
- Opt for sugarless gum if you find yourself chewing on inanimate objects (i.e. pens, pencils)